- Travel insurance for our activities.
- Federal Tourism License tags on our vehicles and new units.
- Guides accredited by: Sectur Federal, International Rafting Federation, Emergency medical technician, moving water rescue technicians
- For 5 consecutive years winners of the Certificate of Excelence in Services by Tripadvisor.
- See More!.
Do you love birds? We invite you to enjoy the Potosinan Huasteca region with its great diversity of birds of the area. Each trip you take with us is your opportunity to discover the beauty of its flora and fauna. Here we share a list of birds of the region
The Huastecan Family gives you the warmest welcome and appreciates the opportunity you give us to share with you the natural beauty and adrenaline rush that the Huasteca Potosina includes. We are sharing useful information about the region, Nature Tourism and their norms and rules, services offered by Huaxteca.com as well as the security and responsibility measures of each of our tourists. See More Information for the Tourist.
Thinking of your comfort and so that you enjoy your trips to the maximum, Huaxteca.com provides you with digital photography service, at an additional cost. It is important that during the tour you ask the photographer-guide that they take your pictures at the places that you like the best, so that at the end you have enough material of your memories that will cover your expectations. The guides try not to be invasive of your privacy while you travel, this is why it is important that you ask for the shots.
Before sending the images, they are edited, images that did not come out well are deleted (blurs, water damaged, dark, too light, etc.) For this reason they may take as long as 1 to 3 days after your trip or even 1 week during high peak season. Please consider that some shots may not appear in the final work. This is due to weather conditions, light conditions etc. Bad images will not be included.
The sending of the pictures is done through an upload with the company “WE TRANSFER”. They are sent with maximum resolution, and cannot be downloaded to mobile phones, only onto portable computers or desktops. In many occasions they cannot be uploaded on company computers because of the restrictions that some companies have for images. If you would like advice, our marketing staff is here to support you.
If you wish to bring your camera, it must be waterproof, because of the places that we will visit; in some places it is possible to use them (consult with our guides.)
**For groups, without exception, all images are uploaded to Facebook for its direct download.
Holy Week is a season when we all have the opportunity to travel, on many occasions, and for many of us who live in a world full of work and commitments, it is probably the only time of the year that we can escape from the routine. It is a time of INEVITABLE agglomeration.
We recommend that you reserve your trip before coming to the area during Holy Week because during this time all spaces are gone for organized tours and it will be more complicated to find things on your own. See more about traveling to the Huasteca Potosina during Holy Week.
If your pet is part of your family, of course you can bring it on vacation to the Potosinan Huasteca! It is important to consider that it can come with us on certain trips, appropriate for pets; there are only certain guidelines to follow in order to enjoy the trip in a fun and safe way. (This does not apply to Holy Week or long weekend holidays)
With regards to the Pet Friendly lodging we count with an option in order to together enjoy the Huasteca, and it is called Dog Paw Hostel. We encourage you to read more about the trips to the Huasteca with your pet, and the recommendations in our Rules for Pets.
- Adjustable sandals (not flip flops) and/or tennis shoes or comfortable boots (a minimum of two pairs because one pair will get totally wet) or water shoes. NO CROCS.
- Shorts or light pants (not jeans.)
- Tee shirts made out of material that is preferably NOT cotton (all other types of fabric dry quickly except cotton.)
- If you come during the winter, we will provide you with a light jacket for rafting (paddle jacket.) If you have or can get neoprene, it is very comfortable for water activities. If you cannot get neoprene, contact the staff at the office, we have some available for rent.
- Cap, sun block, bug repellent (Auttan, Off, Aqua Samborns.)
- Small towel, toiletries.
- Camera (it cannot be taken on rafting activity if it’s not waterproof) –consult with our guides-
- Mini back pack (to carry your camera, personal things, etc.)
- If you can find Lycra pants, they are ideal for Rafting and helps avoid occasional scrapes.
- Please try to have your luggage as light as possible, and label your things with your name.
- If you wear glasses, bring a cord to hold your glasses in place. Remember that there will be activities, such as water jumping, etc. You may improvise with a tennis shoe string, so bring that, if you like.
- If you have long hair, bring hair ties that will allow you to hold your hair back, especially if you go rappelling.
- Personal kit … our guides are certified in First Aid, and we have a basic first aid kit, but for your own safety, we do not administer medications, therefore we remind you to bring those basic medications that you know will not give you an allergic reaction.
Jewelry, alcoholic beverages, items of value, high heels, flip flops, expensive camera or filming equipment. Mobile phones are your responsibility. The company is not held responsible for the loss or damage of phones. If you bring them, keep them with you at all times. Do not bring cell phones on RAFTING because there will be no signal, and without waterproof equipment you cannot take them to the river.
- Not appropriate for people with back problems.
- Not appropriate for people with heart problems.
- Not appropriate for people that are overweight: 110 Kg. (weight and height related)
- Not appropriate for pregnant women.
- Not appropriate for people with rescent surgeries (less than 3 months.)
- For people with disabilities it is required to consult about the specific activity and the conditions of the city to be visited.
- The participant cannot have consumed alcohol or drugs previous to the activity, nor any medication that would cause any alterations to the mind.
- Persons with asthma are required to present their medication before beginning the trip.
- Some activities require a minimum age of 6 years. Rafting on the Tampaón and Rappelling in Tamul require a minimum age of 8 years.
- If you require a vegetarian menu, please indicate this before your trip.
The activities that Huaxteca.com offers you are designed for beginners; for all of them you will receive previous instructions on how to do everything, plus a safety talk. During all activities, at all times you will be advised and supervised by our guides.
A normal physical condition and an affinity toward exercise is enough. The activities are programmed in such a way that you will not need to make exhaustive efforts. On some trips you will have some walks on uneven ground, as well as climbing and going down steps.
The point from which all our trips begin is in the municipality of the city of Valles, San Luis Potosí, which is 4 hours from the city of San Luis Potosí. We leave on tour at 9:00 am, for which reason we must be in Valles at least 30 minutes before departure. If you bought a package with us, it is necessary to first arrive at our office. We open at 7:30 am. Hotel check in does not begin until 2:00 pm. You may leave your luggage in our office for safekeeping, and upon return from our trip, we will take you to the hotel that you chose. Our offices have toilets and showers. The rest of the days we will pick up each tourist at the scheduled time selected (consult directly with the office.) On the last day you will have to check out before leaving on the tour, and your luggage may stay in our office under safekeeping.
If you only reserved the tours, you must report to our office, and tell us where you are staying and the room number, so we may contact you with instructions. Or, you may come to our office 30 minutes before tour departure, which would be 9:00 am, in the majority of cases.
If you already have lodging in Ciudad Valles, we will pick you up, as long as the lodge has easy access. In general the hour of departure is between 9:00 and 9:30 am. Our guides will share information with you about the scheduling and your respective excursions. It is important to know that during long weekend holidays, Holy Week, and other special dates, the schedule can vary.
It is recommended to not bring children under 6 years of age for the activities. In some cases, children of this age can practice the activity, but this will depend in great part on the characteristics of the child. It is imperative that the equipment designed for children fit them perfectly otherwise, they will not be able to participate in the activities. Some activities require that the child be over 8 years old, and during some weather situations, they must be older than 10 years.
In the case that you bring children under 6 years of age, it is important to verify with our office staff about the Ecotourism excursions in which your little ones may participate, as well as the characteristics of the tour. Remember that in some cases you will have to carry the child because of the conditions of the terrain.
As in the case with minors under 6 years, it is imperative to verify that your itinerary includes places where excursions are permitted, where we will gladly take the elderly to enjoy the landscape.
No. It is only necessary to bring comfortable clothing, and sandals that will not come off, or else tennis shoes. In our section called What should I bring for the excursions? there are some examples and recommendations, however if you do not have what is mentioned there, you may use basic common clothing.
In our section What should I bring for the excursions? some general recommendations are mentioned. For a more personalized example, we have designed a special section for each of the excursions and activities with our recommendations for clothing/outfits in order to enjoy each visit to the maximum. For example here.
We are a serious company and committed to your safety, and for that reason we would like to make you aware of the insurance policy that will cover you during your visit to the Huasteca. The medication expense insurance that huaxteca.com offers covers only accidents occurred during activities. It does not cover minor medical expenses nor medical expenses for previous conditions.
In the case that an accident might occur, the expenses will be covered by the person affected, and afterwards the insurance company will reimburse, for which reason you must keep all the paperwork that the hospital and doctors provide you with, so that afterwards you can send them to the address that the insurance company indicates. This insurance policy has a deductible of $500, which cannot be reimbursed.
No. of policy: 39821-01 See more here.